- Data Scientist
- Primary Location
- Jersey City
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per hour
- Job Description
Prospect 33 has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned data professional to join a growing team on a full time basis in their lower Manhattan offices.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work on a green field application for client intelligence, operational resiliency and monitoring of all Electronic trading flow.
What will you do?
- Facilitate the build out of an Analytics platform to capture Electronic trading flow (DMA and Algo).
- Build solutions with kdb+, Q, R and HTML5
- Work with Quants and Client services within multiple desks (Fixed Income, Equities and Futures) to understand their requirement and formulate solutions
- Identify and implement solutions to optimize performance and maintain low latency
- Promote and ensure compliance to the enterprise risk controls of the organization and external regulationsWhat do you need to succeed?
- Job Requirements
- Proven Experience developing in kdb+ or Big Data Architectures Hadoop/HDFS, Spark
- Experience writing HTML5 applications for Data visualization (Angular/React)
- Demonstrable experience with Data Analytics & Intelligence
- Expert level knowledge of Java or Python essential
- Experience processing high throughput data and message rates with low latencies
- Understanding of Algorithmic trading, Electronic trading and Fix protocol
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsNice-to-have
- Experience with database applications and working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of visualization toolkits(D3, HighCharts) is also preferred
- Knowledge of Pre and Post trade analytics, machine learning and pattern recognition is advantageous
- Understanding of build and deployment management
- Experience as a member of a team providing L2 support
- Client analytics is a huge benefit
- Finance experience is a plus
- All candidates are subject to mandatory screenings per bank policy
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.