Middle Office / Back Office Developer - Hedge Fund
- Middle Office / Back Office Developer - Hedge Fund
- Primary Location
- New York
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per hour
- Job Description
Our client is a leading Tech-centric hedge-fund who are building a whole new suite of software systems around a new architecture.
We are looking for a small teach of extraordinary developers who can join the team as it starts the development of the new architecture.
Ideally looking for unique developers with around 5 to 10 years of development experience in the hedge fund, financial services or asset management industry to help design and implement an in-house transaction management system.
- Develop, support and/or enhance firm’s in-house developed applications
- Work with the business, operations and fund accounting to understand business workflows and requirements around additional security specific reporting/analytics systems
- Create technical architecture and roadmap for new/existing development
- Closely collaborate with the rest of the Technology team to leverage existing apps/utilities and follow programming standards established by the team
- Job Requirements
- Between 5 - 10 years of development experience in investment/securities industry, 3 years or more must be in FinTech, Finance, a hedge fund or asset management.
- Full life-cycle development including requirement, architecture, implementation, testing, and release to production / DR environments.
- .Net Framework – C# programming and experience with advanced multi-threading concepts.
- Web technologies – Angular, React, REST services, Web API, etc.
- SQL Server development for data query and update
- Broad financial instrument knowledge, including Equities, Options, Futures, FX, Fixed Income, Exchange and OTC Traded Derivatives, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting, cash balances, activity and position reconciliations
- Report development using SQL Server reporting service or any other BI suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Reliable in supporting production systems
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated success in building applications and working with 3rd party to implementing vendor systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Hands on development experience related to Corporate Actions and Transaction processing advantageous
- Experience working with market data (i.e. Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg APIs etc.) and reference data systems (Security Master).
- Advent Geneva, RSL scripting and loaders.
- Experience with order management systems (Charles River)
- Experience with reconciliation tools (Electra, SmartStream etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL and handling big data.
- Experience with workload automation and enterprise job scheduling software (ActiveBatch, Opalis etc.)
- Experience with UNIX, shell script and cron.
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.