Director of Investor Services
- Director of Investor Services
- Primary Location
- New York
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per hour
- Job Description
This Bank was started and owned by a Union, their main clients are Unions but the manager is not part of the union. Bank is now publicly traded on NASDAQ as of this year, with 40% ownership by a Union. Bank is approx $40B entity so under much of regulatory requirements CCAR etc. Bank has 16 funds in place, only institutional clients such as Pension Funds (AKA Qualified Investors - no Mutual Funds) and Trust Clients.
They have a Real Estate Fund and performs some Shadow Processing of investments in other entities on behalf of clients. The company has around 400-500 investors. They have some in-house developers, but tend to use vendor platforms looking at Data Analytics and more advanced options (new CIO). All in-house staff who are not Managers are automatically part of OPEIU Union Local 153 - such employees are called Admins.
This role's department handles the transition and transfer of custody and all assets from clients who wish to port their Custody services from another Custodian to the Bank.
This role will report to the SVP. This person will need to have a much broader remit of experience on top of Fund Accounting. Our client is looking for a seasoned manager with enough experience running departments that they can handle challenges such as the recent departure of the two SMEs in Fund Accounting.#LI-CF1
- Job Requirements
Other areas of expertise person will need to be able to cover:
- Advisor Services
- Custody clients and Investment Managers
- Account & Transition Services
- Portfolio Reporting
- This department has 1 Manager and 2 Admins engaged
- Produces quarterly and annual Statements
- Reporting on the Custody and Investment Management business
- Proven managerial experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.