SQL Developer - Hedge Fund
- SQL Developer - Hedge Fund
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per year
- Job Description
- Our client, a leading global Hedge Fund requires a seasoned consultant who can help support on of their core proprietary financing systems.#LI-CF1
- Job Requirements
- We are looking for a consultant to provide ongoing development support to this legacy system. The skill set is largely SQL, but the function is fairly complex as is the system. We are looking for someone who understands financial products and can communicate well with Middle Office users. The system calculates financing charges on short positions across our client's brokers.
- Build and support new Middle Office applications and solutions as a part of a global technology team
- Work closely with business users and analysts to create solution
- 3+ years of SQL Server programming experience with an understanding of stored procedures, views, indexes and functions.
- 3+ years of script programming experience using Perl, shell scripting, and Powershell
- C# programming experience
- Good problem solving and analytic skills
- Experience with capital markets concepts and operational structure
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, energetic, independent work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with continuous delivery tool
- Experience with common hedge fund vendor platforms (Imagine, Murex, Calypso, OpenPoint, Geneva, VPM, etc) a plus
- Experience working with Finance or Treasury domains a plus
- Experience building/enhancing SDLC and Agile development methodologies a plus
- Continuous integration environments – Teamcity, Git / GitHub, Octopus Deploy
The role is a long-term consulting role for around 18-24 months. The consultant will work for P33 as an employee or consultant.
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.