Business Analyst - Fixed Income & Equities
- Business Analyst - Fixed Income & Equities
- Primary Location
- New York
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per year
- Job Description
Prospect 33 has recently engaged with leading Asia based investment house to provide them consulting services within their Technology department. We are looking to on board, or contract, 2 experienced Business Analysts to work with our client in their Mid town offices.
The ideal candidate has the ability to write clear and structured requirements documents and can validate deliveries based on those requirements. This role requires interaction with both technology and business partners#LI-JF1
- Job Requirements
- Minimum 4+ years in IT Finance industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in working as a Business Analyst, Senior Production support Analyst ( or as a Project manager ) is a must.
- Knowledge of financial products (Fixed Income, Equities) is a must
- Knowledgeable of products and applications offered in Capital markets is a must
- Securities financing business knowledge is preferred.
- Agency trading business knowledge is preferred
- Broadridge experience is a plus
- Experience with reporting / bi tools; Cognos & Tableau
- Knowledge of Front office Trade life cycle is mandatory
- Knowledge of Middle and Back office workflows is preferred
- Knowledgeable of OMS/EMS functionalities and corresponding order execution work-flows
- Experience working on projects involving the implementation of electronic trading systems and order management systems
- Lead meetings with business and IT partners to gather high-level business requirements
- Write functional specifications and ensure specifications can be traced back to business requirements, which can be understood by a business audience as well as a technical audience of developers, QA and support.
- Experience writing use cases that encapsulate all functionality from a requirements document
- Experience designing architecture diagrams for end-to-end current/future business workflows suitable for a business and technical audience
- Functional testing of IT deliveries using a test environment
- Identify and assist in resolution of risks and issues that will adversely affect planned project milestones
- Technical experience is preferred for identifying and raising bugs
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency for detailed documentation
- All candidates MUST be able to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
- All candidates must be able to provide 2-3 professional references
- All candidates are subject to mandatory drug screenings
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.