- Data Engineer
- Primary Location
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per hour
- Job Description
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? Most importantly, do you love experimenting with new technologies and increasing your knowledge of the data space?
We are looking for a seasoned data engineer who can work with a leading hedge fund in Philadelphia. They are looking for a Data Engineer that will build new pipelines and coordinate different tools to seamlessly integrate disparate data sources into a repository that can efficiently feed data to their analysts and drive alpha.
Remote work until the end of the virus then location in central Philidelphia.
What you will do:
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines for alternative data
- Integration of alternative data with traditional data sources
- Preparation of data for use by analysts
- Drive the data practice to continuously become more and more efficient
- Productionalize machine learning models
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Job Requirements
- Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Spark, Airflow, etc.
- Experience/knowledge of AWS/GCP/Azure ecosystems and tools
- Experience consuming bespoke data sets with no control over the format of the data
- Excellent knowledge of tooling in the data space and the ability to hone in on the right stack for the problem
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.