- Finance/Accounting Consultant
- Primary Location
- New York
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per month
- Job Description
Our client, a large bank in NYC is looking for a consultant/accountant to help with the following:
- Daily General Ledger processing.
- Monitor and maintain revenue/expense sharing agreements and associated journal entries.
- Assist with the filing of quarterly reports (e.g. Home Office consolidation, SOX testing)
- Work on the month end closing process, including operating expense accruals, transfer pricing and compensation accruals.
- Assist with expenses related to affiliate agreements, including inter-company balancing, reconciliation and invoicing.Assist with the preparation and update of detailed procedures for Corporate Accounting closing and reporting activities.
- Job Requirements
- Degree or Masters in accounting field preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills and solid understanding of US GAAP
- Excel (pivot tables, VLookup etc)
- Great communication skills, comfortable interacting with senior management
- 3-5 year of experience of progressive financial reporting in large complex banks (or similar)
- Securities industry experience ideal
- Corporate accounting
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.