Business Analyst - Recovery and Resolution Planning
- Business Analyst - Recovery and Resolution Planning
- Primary Location
- New York
- Bachelor's Degree
- Rate Type
- Per month
- Job Description
Our client, a bank in NYC is looking for a seasoned Business Analyst to help with Resolution & Recovery Planning.
Finance Change works across the entire CFO division to ensure that we execute the strategic design and implementation of any major changes to our processes and systems. In partnership with our key stakeholders, we create cutting-edge business solutions using our deep functional expertise. We aim to deliver strategic initiatives using leading project management and business analysis.#LI-NL1
The Resolution & Recovery Planning (RRP) effort requires applying stress assumptions regarding business actions in a resolution scenario to generate estimated daily Liquidity needs. It is key to capture of all relevant asset and liability positions, as well as consideration of knock-on effects from trading activity (e.g., linking trade activity to the unwind of financing positions as well as margin requirements for derivative hedges).
BA role is to support the Funding in Resolution work-stream that is part of broader Resolution and Recovery Planning (RRP). Key deliveries of the work-stream include enhancements to firm’s strategic Liquidity Stress Test report, the Barometer.
• Work closely with Liquidity function to document business requirements and perform data analysis to support requirements definition
• Work closely with IT on functional analysis, design and prototyping
• Develop test cases against requirements and performing end to end business-level testing of the solution
• Support project management issue tracking and status reporting
- Job Requirements
- Consistent track record as senior business analyst (8-10+ yrs) within the banking sector or with a renowned consultancy firm, focusing on Finance
- Prior experience Financial Accounting and Regulatory Reporting space
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Test Cases; ability to document information accurately and succinctly
- Experience test planning, execution and defect tracking
- Strong data analysis skills including Data Warehousing (SQL)
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis tasks that includes: Advanced excel, OLAP & accessing several systems either through GUI (OBIEE, business objects, or any other reporting tool) or through back-end SQL access
- Working knowledge of various financial products, e.g. OTC Derivatives, Security Financing, Loans, Cash Securities.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and financial data
- Ability to work with cross-functional, cross-regional project teams and participate in discussions with key stakeholders to develop requirements and close-out open issues
- Manage issues / risks on projects with timely issue escalations and suggestions for issue resolutions.
- Self-starter who can work independently and is an excellent team player
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized with attention to detail
Desired skills and qualifications:
- College Degree in either Finance, Accounting, or technical discipline
- Prior experience in Treasury, Liquidity Risk and Liquidity Reporting
- Ability to work under pressure, high level of flexibility and be able to handle multiple priorities and assignments with a proactive approach
- Ability to create front-to-back view of data flow based on data linkages across systems
- team player (displays enthusiasm, confidence & commitment)
- Experience with business process flows, data flows and architecture
- Strong presentation skills
Prospect 33 is an equal opportunity employer.